Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection problems

• Please log in to reply

Geri Atric

Geri Atric

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The last two days I have been unable to connect to the internet .. either it connects (very very slowly) and then disconnects within a minute or so (before the web page is fully displayed), or after verifying name and password it says unable to connect, or it keeps failing on dial-up.

I am on Wanadoo Anytime. I have rung their support and they told me to get BT to check the line ... did, and no problems with line. Rang support again and they gave me another dial up number to use ... exactly the same result!

I have done two full virus scans with no reported problems. I also tried a system restore to a date before the problems started.

If anyone could give me some advice/ideas etc I would be very grateful. Unfortunately I only have use of this computer until 2pm (GMT) so any replies before that time would be very welcome! Next Tuesday would be my next chance (and I'm lost without the connection).

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements