Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox proxy problems

• Please log in to reply

isowipe

isowipe

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have installed the latest version of firefox with most of the bells and whistles, it operates well but the problem is that after logon to the computer, then when you go to firefox it will not load.

You have to go into settings and renable the manual proxy icon, you have to do this every time that you do a restart of firefox.

I need to use a proxy as I have a modem up line and sattelite down line. The sat software is a program called Tellique which we need to get the sat to work. I do not know if this is the cause or one of the firefox plugins

Advertisements

phoenix rising

phoenix rising

• Pip
  • 6 posts
It's nice to know I'm not the only one living with this problem. I've been living with it for 6 months. I have removed and reinstalled Firefox even reinstalled windows completely still can't shake the problem hopefully we will both be able to get it fixed!