Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

URGENT help required!

• Please log in to reply

RyanHess

RyanHess

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
i was babysitting a couple of nights ago, and the computer at the house i was at was logged in so i decided to go on MSN messenger for a while, and also log into my net passport thing for a competition im entering on www.xboxcup.com, then when id done i signed out and went home.

then today i just got a phone call saying their computer is going slow, and on the user select menu (on windows XP) it says 350 unread email messages for my email (yes i do have that many) but the problem is, how do i get it to no longer be linked to my email?! i urgently need to know caus i dont want them to think ive screwed up their computer

thanks in advance

-- Ryan --

Advertisements

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

• Pip
  • 7 posts
-Ryan-

If You Select Start , Control Panel , User Accounts. And Then Click On The Username

On The Left Hand Side There Should Be A Box "Related Tasks" If You Click On "Manage My Network Passwords" And If Your .NET Passport Address Is In There, Simply Remove It :whistling:

Let Me Know If This Works,

RyanHess

RyanHess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thanks for the help mate, i cant try it yet caus they want to see if they can fix it themselves first (they have important work related things on it and dont want me to screw it all up =P) but if they cant do it ill try what you said and tell you if it worked =)

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
should be an msn icon in "my documents" possibly titled with your email address. just need to delete this.
My son did same to mine, he only had 72.

RyanHess

RyanHess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thanks also, very helpful =)