Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email

• Please log in to reply

Bryan Stubbs

Bryan Stubbs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I am receiving unsolicited mail of a sexual nature that I cannot block. Made the mistake of trying to unsubscribe and you can now imagine the result. I am coming to the conclusion that I will need to change my email address, this will be a real pain.

Ideally I would like to be able to allow those emails that I can trust through and blackball those that I don't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bryan

Advertisements

keggwx

keggwx

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
You should try using Mozilla Thunderbird. It can be set up to automatically send spam to the recycle bin without you even having to look at them.

headhunter600

headhunter600

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
what email client are you currently using? You can use a third party utility like spam assassin or mailwasher to scan your emails to help get rid of spam. They will work between your mail server and your email client.

Spam Assassin has been give high marks and great reviews but I am not that familiar with it. I personally use mailwasher which will scan your emails before they are downloaded into your computer and compares them with known spammers and auto deletes them.

If you do not want a third party utility, you can try to create a friends list and accept only emails from those you know. This may be hard to do if you regularly get wanted email from unknown sources.

Also if you are able to pickup your email as webmail, you may be able to sign in on to your email account and setup filters there.

Finally you can try to filter out the p*** using your email clients filters having it to auto delete those with attachments and or key words in subject/body.