Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis

• Please log in to reply

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Firstly...Thanks in advance to everyone that replies to my thread...And lastly please keep on topic. =)

Here it goes...
My problems were found intally in the demo but I waved them off until I purchased the product. The problem seems to stem from something other than my graphics card...It's got a total of 128MB internal memory and is more than sufficent to run DX 8.1 ((It runs DirectX 9.0c)) I seem to crash to the desktop everytime I initiate a mission it runs fine but the following mission crashes...Or when I begin the island sequence...It crashes about half-way through the loading process.

System Specs: Dell Inspirion 3100
Processor: P4 2.80 GHz with HT
RAM:512MB
Video: Embedded Intel 910GL w/ 128MB ((It blows fishsticks...Trust me.))
Audio: SigmaTel
HD: 80GB w/ 60GB left.

P.S. I plan to improve the system..But that's two hundred dollars away and it doesn't seem like anytime soon...Unless I get a job.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I'm surprised how many people still have integrated crapics and that Dell still puts them in their compys. You may not need $200, just enough (I'm talking $50) to make it not integrated.

I've never played the full game (just the demo) and my Radeon 9600 SE ran it fine, so you may have to dish out a couple and get a real video card.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Well the 200 bucks is for a complete make-over including the mobo and vid card.....But I'm waiting for the cash to fall in my lap.
Thanks in advance for what help you could provide...I'm going to give this thread about another two days if nothing occurs then just lock it. Thanks.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If nothing happens/nobody else comments, then there is a forum space for those topics left behind and forgotten so repost there.

Also, as long as you get something not onboard I think you should be fine. Even the Radeon 9600 SE (AGP connection) is enough and I got mine for $76! So look around and try to find something that's pretty decent but not top o' the line. :whistling:

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

If nothing happens/nobody else comments, then there is a forum space for those topics left behind and forgotten so repost there.

Also, as long as you get something not onboard I think you should be fine. Even the Radeon 9600 SE (AGP connection) is enough and I got mine for $76! So look around and try to find something that's pretty decent but not top o' the line. :whistling:

Thing is...My mobo is PCI only....Not PCI-E.....PCI!

It only has a X-1 PCI-E slot and that is useless....Hopefully I'll be able to swap it out in August and finally play BF2 and things like that.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Check this out:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814131411

Also, if you're buying a new Mobo as well why don't you just get one with PCI-E on it?

EDIT: Speaking of the devil I was finishing up the reviews for this card (it got 5 eggs from 36 reviews, all of which say it's not top o' the line, but it runs games) and one of the reviews says, and I quote, "Definitly get this card if you are in a pickle jar like me and have a bad Dell that only has PCI."

So there you go :whistling:

Edited by BlackPandemic, 07 May 2006 - 11:40 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The minimum requirements for this game are very low, it will run on a P2 400, 128MB RAM and a 16MB graphics card (DirectX 8.1). Having said this the game might not support Intel integrated graphics card and integrated cards are incredibly weedy.
Before you splash out on a new graphics card, try updating your hardware drivers, installing any patches that are available for the game. Also look in the event logs for errors logged around the time of the game crash they might give a bit more information as to what's going on.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Guys thank you for the support...Just lock up the topic and spank you all in advance.