Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New video card, problems

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That's the box which will show with the blue progress bar

Advertisements

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
What program do i find these instructions in?

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nope didnt work. I aldo tried age of empires 3 and the graphics look good except for when im looking over water i see lines in the water. Is my card just bad should i send it back, i mean i would think if the card isnt working, then nothing should look good or everything should look perfect......And also, i think after doing the utilities for my internet, well i think it made my downloads slower that it used to be.

Edited by ryngen737, 07 May 2006 - 12:12 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The programmes are in Tune Up, you can reverse the internet part, or run this to reset it

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=7

Is the refresh rate on the monitor set to high, also is it set for 32bit true colour

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nething else to try bout my vid card, i mean come on why is this so complicated, by the way i still have my ati from my radeon drivers installed so if i need to uninstall can i have a program that gets rid of all trmains of it, only if u think that could be a problem

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nething else to try bout my vid card, i mean come on why is this so complicated, by the way i still have my ati from my radeon drivers installed so if i need to uninstall can i have a program that gets rid of all trmains of it, only if u think that could be a problem

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
ATI have a utility called cat uninstaller

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ANything else to try?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start a topic in the games forum, mention the games it won't run

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Well i RMA'd it and im sending it back today, I heard Nvidia isnt a real compatible card at all so im guessing thats the problem, so im going back to ATI.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

Are you swapping it for these

Radeon X1900 series allows you to get incredible gaming performance by adding a Radeon X1900 Crossfire Edition graphics card for ultra fast performance that works with all games, all the time.

ryngen737

ryngen737

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
How bout this one http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102492, that cards 300$ lol. Plus i cant get the x1900 i only have AGP slot

Edited by ryngen737, 09 May 2006 - 01:35 AM.