Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I deleted something from Control Panel

• Please log in to reply

starletgirl

starletgirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi 17 female. Alright, so I have windows 98. I recently went to the Add or Remove programs under Control Panel to delete a bunch of stuff to help my computer run faster. I know I deleted something I needed because now I get these pop-ups, not like a website pop-up or a "click here to win!" kind. They're like this:
--------------------
Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on ___(date and time)

STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION

Windows has found CRITICAL SYSTEM ERRORS.

To fix the errors please do the following:
1. Download Registry Repair from: http://www.the32fix.com
2. Install Registry Repair
3. Run Registry Repair
4. Reboot your computer
FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION!
--------------------

Sometimes theres a different website listed on the pop-up, but I'm not sure what it means or how to get them to stop. Pleeease help me. I have a program on my computer called CCleaner, I know it's good but I'm afraid to mess anything else up. Help, thanks :whistling: :blink:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Starletgirl
I don't think you have damaged your registery. The program you have is a popup - adaware type thing. you need to download adaware and spybot and run them.
Removing a program from where you did cannot affect the registry.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Starletgirl
click here for a link to the downloads
Adaware-spybot

Edited by peterm, 06 May 2006 - 01:18 AM.

starletgirl

starletgirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Peter :whistling: I'm downloading spybot right now, it's almost half-way finished. I'm not sure how to download adaware though. I clicked on the link for it, but I don't know what to click on?
Thanks