Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads 50%-60%

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I noticed this about 2 weeks ago and just wondering why it is happening, it is not a problem at all. When downloading things my downloads do NOT start at 0% they start at abou 50%-60% and then carry on from there (these are files I have NEVER downloaded before) but they are not incomplete files they are complete and work perfectly, this has only happened since using opera 9.0 beta and it does not happen in ANY other browser that I have tried.

Edited by CJIS, 06 May 2006 - 01:36 AM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Wuz up CJIS, well your downloads are starting at 50% already, I would like that also.... But..

Maybe your browser says it is 50% but takes the same ammount of time to download as all the other browsers that start at 0%

Cool :whistling:

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Well i have tried downloading simalar sized files in internet explorer and they take quite a bit longer but in opera all of my downloads are really fast and start at 50% and sometimes can finish very fast and I mean yes it's great but I am just wondering what is causing it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
BETA: would be my biggest indicator of why anything weird is happening.

Things like that happen on Beta software.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Well I just think it is weird. it is good though and I hope it is going to last past the beta