Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

3Com Wireless card installation error

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a 3Com Wireless PC Card that I want to use with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1100) to connect to my wireless router. The problems is that everytime I try to install the drivers I get the following message

The software you're installing for this hadware

3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54 Mbps 11g PC Card

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify compatibility with Windows XP.

At this message I just click on continue anyway... but then after I inser the PC Card as instructed I get the following message:

(Error Code : 105) Update Driver failed : ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

then when I try to use the 3Com card to connect to the wireless router it says that the card is unplugged.

I borrowed a different laptop (Windows XP Pro SP2 a Toshiba) and it works perfectly well.

I contacted 3Com whom at forst said there might be a fault with the PCMCIA card but later I found that it does work with the borrowed Toshiba. I downloaded the new drivers from 3Com, done the Windows Update, removed and re-installed but to no avail.

Can someone please help? 3Com haven't got a clue!

Thank you.

My laptop

Dell Inspiron 1100
Windows XP (home) SP2
256 Mb memory
30Gb Hard Disk with plenty of spare room.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I thought I'd bump it up just in case anyone can help.