Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Install

• Please log in to reply

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I tried to set up and install a new Dell 810 Printer with the CD supplied. A warning said the digital certificate was not signed.
I deceided to go ahead, but there is something not right as the Wizard finished the install, and then started again and then again.

"problem occured during hardware install" message shows every time I start the PC.

Please advise what to do next. Uninstall and try again, ask Dell for another CD, download software from website if possible, check for new driver

Thank you..

Advertisements

master_with_a_problem

master_with_a_problem

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
well first disconnect the printer from the computer. Then unistall the driver from your system or go to start-> accesories-> then system tools and click on system restore it may have saved a resotre point to right before you installed the printer. Then turn off your computer for three minutes, turn it back on and connect your printer after logging in. try to fallow the printer install from windows instead of from dell windows may have the driver already on the system so you dont need the disk and all the junk software that dell gives you with it.

hary

hary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I tried downloading the software from a website but that is a no go, as I am on dial-up and the download time is 2 hrs, and my ISP cut me off during the last 5 minutes.

However I kept on with the CD and all the bits seem to be there, in fact I appear to have two Printers !

I get a message whilst trying to copy or scan saying the PC can't see the Printer. I have checked that the USB port is ticked, now I wonder if it is the cable as I am using a digital camera cable, and although it is quite thick
perhaps I need another.

Also this two printer business I'll have to sort make the one that works as default..

master_with_a_problem

master_with_a_problem

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
two printers shouldnt make this any different. you can use the cd but make sure you unistall the crap before putting it back on (dont waste your time w/ internet drivers on dial up if it will take that long.) . Dont keep reinstalling it, I almost garetuee its not the hardware, you dont need to buy anything else. just unistall it, restart plug it in and fallow the directions dell gave you exactly.