Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you connect a plystation 2, to a pc ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all,,,
Just got a new pc, and have decided to connect my playstation up to it, as i dont play it as ofton as i should, mainly cos i am always on the pc.
But,,, the connector i have,, with the s-vid, and audio connections on the end, arent suitable.
I already have a sky+ box and vcr connected to the pcs tv card,,, and my soundcard is full because of my 5:1 surround sound speakers,,,,,so am a bit lost really,,, :whistling:

How on earth do i get it connected up ???? once connected,,my media pc will be complete....

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You need a switchbox. Nearly all video game stores carry them, as well as most electronics stores. Just make sure you get one with the inputs you need.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi,,
Thanks for the reply,,,,but your gonna have to be a bit more specific than that,,
A switch box to switch between what ???
Which connections do i need for this switchbox ????

Very sorry, but,, need a bit more of an explanation.
Cheers,, kev.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
The switchbox will sit between your PC's input and all of your sources. When you want to use one of them, you hit a button on the front of the box and it will switch to that source. The connections you will need depend on your sources and your PC's input.