Remote Dekstop Connection
Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:58 PM
Posted 07 May 2006 - 03:51 AM
The only other thing i can think of is that you are not logged in as administrator.
Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:06 AM
Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:33 AM
You can disable blank password restrictions by using a policy. To locate and change this policy:
1. Click Start, point to Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK to start the Group Policy Editor.
2. Open Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only.
3. Double-click Limit local account use of blank passwords to consol logon only.
4. Click Disabled, and then click OK.
5. Quit Group Policy Editor.
When run, this software allows older Windows platforms to remotely connect to a computer running Windows XP Professional with Remote Desktop enabled. Yhe host computer must have XP Pro to be able to use remote desktop. XP Home can act as the client in a Remote Desktop session; only Pro can be the server.
Your host computer should be running the Pro version and you did not say if it was. So far thats all i can think of.
One other thing is that you must have windows messenger running on both computers.
Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:56 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users