Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Slow! Need to free up disc space!

• Please log in to reply

Kiwi35

Kiwi35

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi there! :whistling:

I am pretty computer savy, but my Sony Vaio is running very slow. I have two hard drives, one with a capacity of 15 GB (FULL) and my other one is about 37.2 (30 GB free). I run all my prgrams on the first hard drive and all of my documents and important files on the second. I have even uninstalled some programs to free up space, but it's just not working.

If I want to put some of these programs onto the other disc (G), do I have to uninstall them and reinstall them to the right drive? Is there an easier way?

I have also scan disc and defrag, but it's stilllll soooo slow. This computer is only about 2 years old.

Can you help? :blink:
Thanks Kiwi

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Kiwi35!

Let's take this one step at a time. First thing we will look at is what is installed on your computer. Please download HiJackThis (from the link in my signature) Install it, and double-click on the HiJackThis.exe icon. On the first screen click on Open the Misc Tools Section...on the next screen, click on the Open Uninstall Manager button and click on Save List on the next screen. Save it to your desktop so it is easy to find. Once saved, open up the saved file, located on your desktop, and copy and paste everything in it in your next post.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 06 May 2006 - 08:38 PM.