Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Help on X-box Live

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Hi I have 3 computers that are hooked up to a LAN on a dsl modem and I have 1 computer in my room which is not hooked up directly to the modem and I got a free 2 months card for xbox live and want to know if I can just have the xbox in my room with it hooked directly into the back of my computer into the ethernet port.Or does it have to be connected directly to the modem or router?And does xbox live tie up my phone line or my dsl?

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You can do this if your computer has two ethernet ports. Plug your XBox into one and your network into the other. Then you need to enable Internet connection sharing on your PC. You can find everything you need to know how to do this here.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
But i'm on a LAN and i don't have anything plugged into my port and i do have internet on all 3.

Edited by Snippy, 06 May 2006 - 02:22 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What has a lan got to do with it, the lan is just your way of getting internet into all your systems.

If you connect the xbox into a pc with intenet access and bridge the connection what you are doing is putting the xbox onto your lan with internet access thus allowing it to connect to the internet. but bridging doesnt always work and the pc does have to be on.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I tried it but it does not wor it is connected up to the internet but just doesn't work.