Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
So i recently posted about a dead psu and today i received a replacement. I put everything together again and nothing turned on. I tested my PSU with a paper clip like someone told me to do before and this time it worked. Now i assume my mother board is dead... Is there any way i can test this and maybe test the rest of my hardware too so i can ship it all back at the same time to be fixed? thanks for your help

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could try booting it up after removing all of the RAM. If you do not hear beep codes the moterboard is bad. This assumes that your system speaker is working.