Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help compressing alot of songs

• Please log in to reply

mominneedofhelp

mominneedofhelp

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have alot of songs on my HD that i need to put on cd, i dont want to end up using 250 cds doing it, is there a way i can compress all of them and put them on just a few cds???

Advertisements

chopyaedoff

chopyaedoff

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
If they are MP3s then there is no way of compressing them further.
If you just need to put them on the CDs for back-up, you could try RARing them (doubt it will have any effect) or put them on DVDs.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
well 250 CDs of music would be about 170gigs of music, and that would be impressive, my collection is only a respectable 24.6 gigs right now it all goes on 5 and a bit dvds at the moment.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You could try this method if you do not want to use a lossy type codec. This method should cut the file size to half of what it was. Personally i make MP3's out of many of my songs for use in my truck and cars. Other noises vehicles make interfere with the sound so a lossy file type does not bother me in a vehicle. My archives are lossless type.

http://mp3.radified.com/lossless.htm

SRX660

Digidave

Digidave

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

I have alot of songs on my HD that i need to put on cd, i dont want to end up using 250 cds doing it, is there a way i can compress all of them and put them on just a few cds???

What do you consider a lot? If you burn data cd's, just for backing up, & each song is 7mb's you can get about 100 songs on a CD. So 250 CD's would be ample for about 25,000 songs