Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Philips CDRW 400 Series

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes we have a Philips CDRW 400 Series Burner,and we dont have the cd-rom that came with the burner.I'm hoping that someone can tell me wher I can find the software for this CDRW. We went to the hardware installion wizard,and it said it cannot install this hardware,something about FreeCOM USB-IDE Controller.We need Help Thanks for any support.[b][u] :whistling:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You could try www.driverguide.com. You have to join but it is free.

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
What kind of driver will make my USB Port work, Useing Windos XP.This seems to be the problem.I dont really need the whole software disk right,just the driver,for the usb.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Go to start, my computer right click properties, hardware, device manager. Look for the usb controller. Does it have a yellow ! next to it? You can right click on the device and update the driver. Let window go to the web and look for it.

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Just like you said,it would have the yellow,thing but when you try to go to the microsoft web site,it trys to update it,but it says it,did not install the software,and might not function properly.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Download your motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturers website, that should get your USB ports working.