Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue security's techniques

• Please log in to reply

binsch

binsch

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
What are your opinions on blue security(bluesecurity.com)'s anti-spam techniques.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Anything that stops spam is fine by me, there is actually a forum for spammers that i was reading it was absolutley hilarious all these spammers acting self rightous about this company wronging them because they spam.

You spam you deserve alot worse than what a company can do to you.

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
After recent attacks, Blue Security closes down :whistling:

"Our community would very much like us to continue on the fight against spam, and our community has grown over the last week," Reshef said. "But at the end of the day if we continue doing so, within a few days, major websites will go down. I don't feel that this is something I can be responsible for. I cannot go ahead and rip up the internet to make Blue Security work. This is not the decision a commercial entity can make."

http://www.wired.com...wn_technology_1

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Yeah i heard about that. It really sucks. They finally found a way to stop the spam companies now they give up.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They were having alot of hassles the spamming scum were threatened by them and went after them, they may come back more prepared they might not, there was a previous one that worked done by lycos anyone that spammed got spammed straight back it basically made a huge bot net but one that fought spammers however it got shut down which was unfortunate i couldnt see how they were breaking any laws but spamming is a big business.