Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pictures have been removed in MS Word doc's

• Please log in to reply

tracka76

tracka76

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

When I open up Word (Professional Edition 2003) documents, all the figures that I had drawn with Word drawing, have been replaced with the words "SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT" in Style heading 2. I'm using Cite While You Write (CWYW) linked to Endnote7, and all the citations in the Word doc have changed a longer format. This was fixed (sort of) by unformatting citations via Tools, Endnote7.
How do I get my pictures back? I restarted the computer and still got the same result. Not sure if it will help, but I have attached one of the documents. My thesis progress report is due to tomorrow, hope you can help.

Thanks,
Tracey

Attached Files

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What do you get if you press file then print preview

tracka76

tracka76

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If I print preview, I can see the pictures (and Table of Contents and page no's that have also changed). I can also open the documents ok on other computers. Do I need to reinstall Word or can I fix it?

Thanks,
Tracey

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Word, click help then detect and repair, tick restore shortcuts, reboot when done

Another option is to use add / remove to change the installation to complete, run all from computer and to leave the installation files on the drive

Print preview shows you the actual document

tracka76

tracka76

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I restored and repaired and then restarted the computer but still have the same problem. You said:
Another option is to use add / remove to change the installation to complete, run all from computer and to leave the installation files on the drive
I'm not really sure what that means (sorry, not too good with computers). Do you mean add/remove programs?
Thanks,
Tracey
:whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, add / remove programmes, click change for Office, click customize the installation, click the + next to Word, look for run all from computer

If you have the room on the drive, you can do this for all Office programmes