Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network won't work

• Please log in to reply

drosevear

drosevear

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I have tied to set up a wireless netwoek but have not been successful. The router is a D-Link DI-713P and I am trying to connect it to a cable network provided by comcast. I have set it up as described in the manual ,ethernet card on the desktop to the router and the cable modem to the WAN connection of the routerl. I can successfully ping the router from the desktop but it will not connect to the iternet. All of the lights on the router are doing what the manual says they should during and after start up. The laptop cannot successfully ping the router but the card does seem to find a connection. When I plug the desktop back into the cable modem it successfully connects to the internet. I have also tried to enter the router configuration tools as described in the manual by entering the IP address into the browser but that also fails. Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong?
cheers
Dean

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi Dean,

Please follow all of the steps listed in this Wireless Network Setup Tutorial; these steps should get you up and running. If not, then please post back letting us know where you ran into trouble.

Thanks,
Dan.