Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

random window generation

• Please log in to reply

peluche399

peluche399

• Pip
  • 4 posts
my computer seems to randomly generate a window which very quickly closes after opening. the only times i have actually seen the window (other than noticing its effects on my other programs) is when the screensaver is running, and when window generates it wakes the computer up and i can see the icon for it on the task bar for about a second before it closes, it only shows the exe icon of the window with no writing next to it. this window interupts my programs, such as my screen saver, as well as any game that runs full screen and causes that game to minimize...which as you can imagine is horrible say in the middle of a CS match. in addition, some games when re-maximized wont run correctly afterwords and need to be closed and restarted.

what the heck is my problem? i had alot of malware on my computer but i think ewido finally got rid of it. mcaffe, symantec, ewido, spybot s&d, and ad-aware all now agree that theres nothing on my computer. this problem has been going on for a while but seems to be getting worse. i am actually only assuming that the problem is still the window generation which is minimizing my games, i have not seen the window in a while. is there something i could do that would make my windows never minimize, i know that doesnt solve the problem but at least it gets around it. what should i do??

i was also getting a "memory could not be read/written" error alot before, but it seems to have gone away by itself...

sorry if my post was long :whistling: but this is driving me nuts and i was trying to be specific :blink:

thanks alot,
andres

Edited by peluche399, 07 May 2006 - 01:47 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

peluche399

peluche399

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ive done everything on the guide and already have hijack this, ill post a report in the malware forum, thanks!