Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

bf2 server problems

• Please log in to reply

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
hey guys i have just recently bought battlefield 2
and after having played enough single player i want to go online to play

after searching for servers and having found them i hit "join server" and a box pops up saying joining server but then it says "cannot connect to server check network settings"

i went to options and selected cable broadband (from t1 lan) and this hasent helped i am running 256K broadband via ethernet and my computer specs are listed below

does anybody no how i can get online? this isnt the first time this has happened i have many other games that the same problem occours. i also downloaded bf2 demo to see if my copy was faulty (i new this wouldn't be the problem but i was trying to eliminate possable problems) still no luck.

any ideas guys this is frustrating its pretty boring only playing by yourself after a while :whistling: lol

thanks for anyhelp its much appreciated,
troppo

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi troppo!

Connection issues typically are caused by one or more ports being blocked by a firewall, router, or even your Internet Service Provider to help maintain security. These ports are the doorways used to send and recieve information between your computer and the server. You must configure your router/firewall to have the game's ports open in order to connect to the servers properly.

The ports for Battlefield 2 are as follows:

UDP ports:
1500-4999

TCP ports:

You may also need to have your Internet Service Provider open these ports for you. For help configuring a firewall or router you may need to refer to the manufacturer.

Fenor