Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BPS Spyware Remover Startup Problem

• Please log in to reply

Cif

Cif

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I just downloaded a trial copy of BulletproofSoft's Spyware Remover (its the best anti-spyware program I have tested; beats Ewido, Ad-Aware, and Spysweeper). Now whenever I open it up, the splash screen shows up perfectly and the user interface starts running, animations and all. However there is a popup stating,

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack two with the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed. I also have the Java Runtime Environment installed.

Thanks a lot in advance, all you brave forum warriors.

Advertisements

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
hi cif just quick question what website did u DL this program from? just wondering so i can check if its rogue or not

Cif

Cif

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I downloaded this software from BulletProofSoft.com. I have tried out an older version two of my computers, including this one, and they both work perfectly. However, the newer version does not work on either of my computers. I still get the Automation Error popup which closes the application when I click on "OK".

I really want to use this software as even the older version was able to detect malware that the latest versions of Ewido, Ad-Aware, SpyRemover, and SpySweeper were not able to detect. Thanks once again for your help.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Cif and welcome to G2G!

I've checked the Spyware Warrior Rogue Antispyware list and Bulletproofsoft are on there multiple times. There software displays false positives and they also rip off other peoples software (such as Ad-Aware and Spybot).

I would recommend that you uninstall it!