Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Missing or corrupt file

  • Please log in to reply



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running Windows 2000, and get the message "WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMced file is missing or corrupt" I don't have a repair disk or the original win2000 program disc, because I bought this one used. Is there some way to download the file I need to a floppy to get the laptop running again?

Thanks for the help--I ended up taking it into the shop--the tech used to work at a MS shop. my hard drive has a bunch of dead sectors and needs to be replaced--but the new one is twice the size. They're going to try to save my data, but no guarantees on that.

Edited by crankyyankee, 08 May 2006 - 02:30 PM.

  • 0





  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
hi cranky, take a look @ this http://support.micro...kb;EN-US;269075
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP