Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playstation 2 Help SCPH-50001

• Please log in to reply

Pat2

Pat2

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hello,

Is there a way to remove my Playstation 2 SCPH-50001/N front cover? I read other instructions but they include unscrewing screws which i don't see on my ps2 front cover.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Which ps2 is this old fatty or young skinny one. Ive got both in the house so ill take a gander see if i can see womewhere to easily get into one.

Pat2

Pat2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Its my old old fatty one

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
My wee bro has got one ill take a quick look in the morning.

Pat2

Pat2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
ok, tomorrow then

Edited by Pat2, 07 May 2006 - 09:46 PM.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
There are screws all around the outer edge under some little covers that you can pop out with a flathead screwdriver, and there are screws under each rubber foot on the bottom. I think there are 8 total.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i can see smoe tabs on the right hand lip that look like they can come out and where you would put screws, however those are the only ones i can see on my brothers ps2.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You finally made me get my old PS2 out to look at it. There are two where warriorscot said, and two more on the front lip. Then there are six on the bottom. Four are under the rubber feet, and there are two more under those little covers. IIRC, the top doesn't come right off even after all those screws have been removed. You still have to jiggle it and work it off slowly.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah they intentionaly make consoles difficult to open so people cant tamper with the boxes. Under the rubber feet i never would have looked there but i only had a quick look and the light wasnt very good when i looked for them.

Pat2

Pat2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Sorry, i wasn't really specific. I meant the cd disc tray front cover.Attached File  HELP_2.bmp   370.36KB   475 downloads

Edited by Pat2, 08 May 2006 - 03:42 PM.

Pat2

Pat2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Never mind, i got it. The cd tray front cover was clipped on so i could clip it off.

Thanks for the help