Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

my PC is getting the best of me

• Please log in to reply

how dumb i am

how dumb i am

• Pip
  • 1 posts
either I am stupid or my Pc is making a fool out of me. When I log out at night it refuses to shut down, I keep getting a message to press any key to continue, but it playes a game with me. I keep clicking on any key (which I can do all night) when I get mad I click it off on the tower. Its getting the best of me. I was going to trash this computer but the repair man said this was one of the cleanest PC he has ever seen, but yet it plays me for a fool.

Question number 2 this repair man told me because of the condition of my Pc he would install a XP window on for 200 dollars. I think he sees me coming. I am 72 years old and I use my PC to do medical researh and look things up

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,490 posts
XP is a great operating system, but don't upgrade unless you want to. <_< You sure don't need to upgrade to correct this problem. :D

First, let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.