Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LG CD drive

• Please log in to reply

offspring_fan101

offspring_fan101

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a LG cd rewrite drive, bout 2 and a half years old now. It works fine, most of the time, but randomly ( I haven't seen any pattern to it), the spinning motor will stop working. I can get it to work again by disconnecting the power cord to the cd drive itself, booting the computer up for about ten minutes, and then reconnecting the power to the drive (turning the computer off of course to plug and unplug power to the drive). Hmm...so ya, if anyone has any ideas as to why the drive stops working sometimes...say...about 1-2 times a week, and alternatives to opening the case and disconnecting the power to make it work again, please do share!
Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I really think you should replace the drive. Why bother with fixing the drive(if possible) when new drives cost $21. To me that is not worth hassling with a drive thats going out.

SRX660