Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Memory Slot Not Reading?

• Please log in to reply

ruzycki

ruzycki

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so basically i have some knowledge of computers and i had this problem along time ago but did nothing about it i recently got a cellular phone and it came with a TransFlash Adapter and a tiny 32 MB transflash card that gets put in the adapter.

- The problem i am having is when i stick the adapter in(it has the 32mb card in it) then SD SLot i dont think my computer i reconising that its in their
i have checked everywhere in my pc and their is no program for it
it their a special software i need or could it possibly be the hardware not working

im only 16 so if u need more detail just say so

thanks,
:whistling: Mike Ruzycki :blink: :help:

:) :)

:D
:D
:)

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
A couple of things that you should check. Did you format the card while it was in the cell phone? Also check to see if you put the card in the adapter backwards. What make and model of the adapter are you using? Since the miniSD cards have come out after Win XP it may be you need to update the drivers. Check the cellphones website for drivers for the card. They may have a forum for troubleshooting problems with the cell phone.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 08 May 2006 - 03:25 AM.

ruzycki

ruzycki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its not a special type of card for a celluar phone

its a scan disk SD Adaptor
and it takes a Scan Disk Transflash 32MB Card Model (SDQJP-32)

ruzycki

ruzycki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so basically thansk geeks to go and SRX660 ur post made me curious so i went into my Tower and what do i find.. the cable isnt hooked up to my 4 in 1 massive storage device i plugg it in and sure enough i stick int he sd and everything is fine

now i need to make sure i dont get meail everytime someone replies:P

thansk all cya later