Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker problem

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem, but since I'm having the problem directly with my speakers, I thought I'd post it hear.

When listening to MP3s or even system sounds, once in a while I will hear crackles and snaps in the sounds. This is on sound files that didn't have these crackles and snaps before, so I know it's not the files themselves.

Anyway, I initially thought I blew out my speakers or something, so I bought new ones. However, now I still hear the same noises. Again, it's not constantly thoughtout a music file, but I do hear it.

Any advice is appreicated...

mike.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
try updating your sound card's drivers. also do a good check on the cable connecting your soundcard to the speakers. make sure theres no physical damage to it. even if the cable looks fine, theres still a possiblity that a connection internally could be bad in the cable. make sure plugs are clean and plugged in firmly.

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Thanks for the suggestions.

The driver is already the most up to date. And the speaker and cable are new (just bought them), but I checked them anyway, and they seem fine.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
mike.

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
The same thing happened to my XPS 600 Renegade Limited. I called Dell to find out. They said that sometimes if you have anything that interferes with the electromagnetic field around the computer it can cause those sounds. Some examples would be cell phones and some wireless connections. Of course they said it is different from every system.

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
That would make sense, as I just got a wireless keyboard and mouse a couple months ago.

Thanks for the info!

mike.

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
If you need any other help, don't hesitate to ask! :whistling: