Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WinRar Problems

• Please log in to reply

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I downloaded a trial program, which was already broken into parts; i.e. ???part1.rar, ???part2.rar, etc., etc. Each file was a .rar w/ so many K bytes per file. I've unzipped .rar files in the past, but I've never downloaded a file that was already broken up before. I've tried contacting the manufacturer of the program for more instructions, but so far I haven't received any response. Does anyone know how I can put the file together, so I can try it?

Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i would assume that the total package should just be extracted to the same location (i.e. a folder)...what program is this and where did you get it from ?

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
As I've said, the files have already been extracted! There's no set up file within the program. Is there a option in WinRar that will put the file together?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i couldn't tell you without knowing what the program is and where you got it from

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
dsenette,

The name of the program is omnipage.

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I still need help w/ this problem. Is there anyone out there, who can assist me?

Romeyrome

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
can you give me a link to where you got it from?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Romey,

Omnipage to the best of my knowledge does not have a trial version. And it would be most surprising if they distributed it in rar parts.

I suspect you have yourself a pirated/incomplete version.

If you need an OCR application, a freeware one can be obtained here:
http://www.simpleocr.com/

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
What I have is OmniPage 7. It came w/ the Canon Printer, Scanner, etc. that I purchased. Their were some files, which weren't working properly. I think I have the issue resolved now!

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Romeyrome