Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Networking Items Do I Need?

• Please log in to reply

retrac1324

retrac1324

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
My Current Computer uses SBC Yahoo! DSL and is connected via a Local Area Network.

Posted Image

I have another computer that has "Integrated 10/100 Ethernet".

What would I need to get in order to be able to use the internet on both computers at the same time (a 10/100 ethernet switch? router?)?

-Retrac1324 [I'm confused] :whistling:

Advertisements

SirMrX

SirMrX

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
you need a router. not a switch. i'd get a wireless router... you might need it later on if you decide to go wirless. BUT make sure you secure it right or else you'll be making your neighbors very happy :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could actually get away with a switch or a hub or a router in this situation...especially if all you want to do is get internet access on both computers...but i would agree that a router would give you the most options in the long run.