Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ewido problem, windows media problem-malware?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

wanted to thank keith and armodeluxe both for their help with my previous problems, but now unfortunately it appears i have a couple of new problems.

i am a subscriber for mlb.tv, but for some reason starting today i have not bee able to use its service secondary to not being able to run a functional windows media player. when i try to run the problem on its on, i get this error message "an internal application error has occurred". when i try to run mlb.tv in firefox, i get a "cannot create directshow player" message. that was before, now i am not even able to load up the website to be able to get this directshow error message. i searched around the forums and it appears another person also had this problem, and was referred to the malware forum.

so i tried to use various spyware programs to see what is going on, but now i am unable to even run my copy of ewido--the program appears to start and there is a button for it at the task bar, but when i click it nothing happens--i have also tried this in safe mode with the safe effect. when i look at task manager it says ewido is running, but i am unable to access it......

i have spent all day trying, and am running out of ideas... :whistling: would love to guidance.

thanks so much as always in advance for your help

best wishes