Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My site was hijacked

• Please log in to reply

loser

loser

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I dont know why this person did this, but...

http://www.beatlemoney.com

What should I do?

Thanks.

Why would they want to break into my stupid Beatles site?

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You should do the only things you can do.

Inform your hosting service that your site had been broken in to. They may need to update their software.

Check any and all scripts that you are using and look for problems.

Fix the problems so that the damage is minimized.

You can either sit and look at it, have it drive you insane, or you can fix it and move on. Things like this happen, it likely happened because of a script that you are using that is out of date. Update your site, fix the damage, and move forward.

ScHwErV :whistling:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Why would they want to break into my stupid Beatles site?

Because they can...

Seriously, it's that basic... most of the script kiddies and hackers could care less about your content... if they can get in thats all that matters.

Follow ScHwErV's advice... find the problem, correct it and move on...

loser

loser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yeah definitely.
This guy didn't need to hack in. I'd have put his Anti-War/Bush banner on if he would've just asked.
Some guy named Metlak.

Edited by loser, 10 May 2006 - 03:46 PM.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Most of the time 'hackers' don't steal/hack/ or hijack websites for their content, they do it for pure excitement, a challenge to themself, and to add their next accomplishment to their 'library' of accomplishments of hacking. They try to test their own skills of hacking. They do it for pure pleasure, a lot of people don't understand this. A long time ago one of my websites were hacked, but you eventually learn why they do it. Its purely basic common sense to think they do it for their own weird accomplishments. Call your host & ISP if you have a website that has been hacked. Yes, they will most likely need to update their software to help you, but its what is needed, and it won't cost you a penny if you have a DECENT host.