Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

On board Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply

Samjula

Samjula

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello, my sound card recently stopped working, i dont mind as it wasnt that good or that expensive. I need to switch back to my on board sound (asus p5ld2-vm motherboard). Ive removed my sound card and tried loading setup defaults in the bios and changing various options related to onboard devices. none of this has worked. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get it to work?
Thanks
Sam

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You probably have to set the bios to on-board sound. You have removed the sound card drivers, right? You can remove the device in device manager and reboot the computer so it can find the on-board sound again. If needed you can download the sound drivers here.

http://support.asus....&model=P5LD2-VM

SRX660

Samjula

Samjula

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Perfect, anythings working well now, thanks for the help