Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VPU recovery

• Please log in to reply

Sevok

Sevok

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all i have a radeon X600 all-in-wonder and when i play video games i can play for sometimes 5min up to 45min but during this time i will get an error saying VPU recovery, your video card has stopped responding and needs to restart. It has happened with World of warcfaft online and Battle for middle earth2 , however i can play dungeons and dragons online with no problems. Please help

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello sevok and welcome to G2G!

Have you updated all your hardware drivers?

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Unfortunately, that error message usually means your video card is dead, or very close to being dead. Try updating your video card drivers before you go buying a new one though.

Sevok

Sevok

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes i have updated all teh bios on the motherboard and the newest drivers for the card as well as the soundcard heh i pretty much updated everything i could think of. the Card started doing this right from the get go, prolly 1hr out of the box it began doing the VPU recovery so you think i have a faulty card?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well have you tried checking the temps, VPU recovery errors arent neccesarily a faulty card, its rare for a faulty card to operate at all. Temps can often be a major cause of crashes to the card.