Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with Microsoft GPS-360

• Please log in to reply

RescueU

RescueU

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I wasn't sure where else to put this...... We have these new GPS thingies where I work. They have Microsoft on the front and GPS-360 on the back - along with some other info. They are to be used with Streets and Trips 2006. It also has a USB adapter to hook into our laptops... When you do that you can see where you are going and it shows speed and direction. Real James Bond stuff... My question is can my no good boss use this thing to actually track where we are and go??? we were told that this is not possible but I'm not a believer....

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well there is systems to do that yes and employers do use them just depends if they want to, they are well within there rights to track you at work. Wether those particular kits can be i dont know specifically it usually requires some specific set up with them.

But tracking people while they work if they are on the move is a big use of gps systems.

RescueU

RescueU

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Yes they are within their rights to track us..... I don't have a problem with that. I work for an Ambulance Service and with fuel at about 3 bucks a gallon I really don't blame them. But being told that these things were bought to help us get to some of the harder places in our district and they won't have the ability to track us - I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night!!!

Thanks for your help...... I do appreciate it!!!!! :whistling: