Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop tft display- light goes off

• Please log in to reply

Master_Axe

Master_Axe

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Ok, so when i play, or just do anything, my tft display turns off, the tft display of my laptop. It doesn't really turn off, it just turns off its lights... if i look closely i see that it's still on. Just extremely dark, near totally off. Thing is, it does is about every 30 seconds. if i alt tab out of a game it works again, or if i go stand-by mode, or if i hold the blue "fn" button next to the ctrl button, and press f8. Just... it happens every 30 seconds... it's a HUGE pain in the arse. Any suggestions? I opened my computer a few days ago... and took out everything. A few days after that this thing with the screen started happening, and now its doing it extremely frequently. for example, it happened twice while proof reading this! Thx

Franz

Advertisements

alcannistraro

alcannistraro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The same thing has happened to me twice. I need to restart my machine to fix it.

Al Cannistraro
[email protected]

Master_Axe

Master_Axe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
thx for the tip, but that doesnt help. i found out that the back light burnt out. now i have to use an external monitor... oh well, ill be buying a new comp soon anywayz :tazz: thx

Franz