Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Plug and Play BIOS Extension

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Hey everybody, Vaillant again, and yep, you know it, I've got another interesting problem for you.

Recap. In the last 3 months I have been experiencing really wierd, intermittant, but very aggressively increasing lag. Lag that made windows freeze temporarily, cause delays in the capturing of keyboard input by several seconds, freeze the desktop for minutes on end, when I wanted to change the wallpaper, or clear the commonly used programs list in the start menu.

Also, for the last month and a half, my printer-scanner had been freezing the MyComputer window entirely, which I found later to be the card reader part of it that was freezing it. By disabling the reader I had found a quick-fix for that last week...

However, the lag still was getting worse. So, today, I have reverted my C: partition back to it's original state, thanks to a backup image made right after I formatted and installed the main programs, back in november. Re-intergration of all the programs is proceeding smoothly, almost done actually.

No, my problem is found in the device manager. As title states, the Plug and Play BIOS Extension has a yellow question mark : it says, and I quote

" Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19) "

I have no idea how to fix this, or what it's affecting, and I'd need your help in resolving it. Thanks.

Advertisements