Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Build

• Please log in to reply

Y2eel

Y2eel

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
:blink: Just want a few opinoins on some parts i want to use in my new system... :whistling:

CPU=AMD 939 Athlon64 3700+ 2200MHz San Diego Core... Or shouls i go Intel Pentium D 940 3.2GHz Dual Core

Video Card= Leadtek 256MB GeForce 7600GT OR GC X1600XTG 256MB DDR3... which would be the better buy??

Motherboard=Asus A8N-SLI Premium PCI-E OR Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI PCI-E....which would be the better buy??

RAM= Corsair 1GB (2x512MB Twin) DDR400 PC3200

Its going to be mainly for playing games BF2 and th new battlefild game...

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The 3700+ would be better/cheaper option. The 7600GT is faster, i would go with the gigabyte mobo because asus has some reliability problems in their amd mobos, i wouldnt bother with SLI if its costing you alot more money though its better not to have it and spend the money on a better gfx card.

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
With the processor, it depends what you want to use it for. If you want a gaming machine, I would reccomend the AMD. If you want a multimedia machine mixed with a little gaming go with the Pentium D. As for the graphics card, I would have to agree with warriorscot. The 7600GT is faster and I myself prefer Nvidia(look at my system specs). I would also agree with him on the motherboard.