Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Server Busy" Error

• Please log in to reply

marcel

marcel

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I'm getting the message

Server Busy-This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

just about every time I run my quickbooks pro 2000. It happens at different times, and not all the time. When it occurs, it usually just affects the quick books program. I have to click the retry button 20 to 40 times, before the program will continue.

I also occasionally get this message, in a warning box, when Quick Books startsup:

Your new add-in product is trying to install a menu item as its own descendant into QuickBooks. Please notify the add-in vendor of this problem in their product.

Can someone help me with this. I originally posted this over 6 weeks ago in software, but never received a reply

Thank you

Advertisements

marcel

marcel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
By the way, I've run all the required steps, short of posting a Hijack This Log

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what os is quickbooks running on?

marcel

marcel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

what os is quickbooks running on?

I am running XP

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
do you have any add-ins installed for quickbooks?

marcel

marcel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Not that I am aware of. That's what makes the message so mysterious.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
my best advice would be to upgrade to a newer version of quickbooks. I know they have excellent support if you call them. I just don't know how far back they will go without charging you a fee.

Amder

Amder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I get the same Server Busy message every time I log in I just rebuilt this computer so it is a fresh install of xp I think it might be my printer software but I am not sure I also had this problem on another computer of mine but I never fixed it if you could help that would be great thanks

Noel Livick

Noel Livick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found this was caused on my PC by corrupted ASPI - I uninstalled Nero & reinstalled & all is now fine. :)