Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

7800GT vs 7600GT

• Please log in to reply

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I've been comparin the 7600 and the 7800 and there is very little difference in frame rates .....Are they nearly identical in performance, did i waste 300 only to get beat by a sub 200 card??? Wats goin on that the frame rates dont tell? R they really that close?

Advertisements

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
The GeForce 7800GT has a faster memory bandwidth, fill rate, verticals per second and a faster pixels per clock. The RAMDACs are the same though. I am a certified tester, so I have tested both products. The Nvidia GeFroce 7800GT performes much better than the 7600GT. The 7800GT also doesn't heat up as fast, and it has more to offer with the spec. features. Also, it doesn't use as much pwer because although it doesn't state it, it has a power saving feature. So :whistling: the 7800GT is definitly the better choice.

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Need anymore information? Don't hesitate to email me! :whistling: :blink: