Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pentagon flight 77 on 9/11

• Please log in to reply

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts

Also broken windows and apparent lack of damage isnt neccesarily a factor of evidence there, the pentagon is the modern equivalent to a caslte, its doubtful they are using normal glass in the windows, it will be armoured glass at least an inch thick i would imagine, the kind of stuff an RPG would have a hard time against.

I have several things to say about this. I was working as a sub-contractor at the Pentagon several years prior to 9/11 - we were moving people out to swing space in preparation for the renovation. In fact, the plane struck the newly-renovated portion of the Pentagon (people had just begun to move back into), so the windows and walls were very reinforced; designed to protect against an attack. The windows were blast-resistant, to prevent injuries from flying shattered glass, and the walls were thicker and stronger than the un-renovated portions.

Secondly, if I remember correctly, the plane was estimated to be traveling at 500 miles per hour at the time of impact. At that speed, how accurately could people really say what they were seeing? Have you ever stood by a racetrack and watched a car go by at 120 mph? Multiply that by a factor of almost 5, and tell me how many details you could pick out. Also, what do expect to be left of the plane at that speed? What utter devastation would come from an impact of that magnitude, especially into a fortified building?

Thirdly, I have friends who are a pilot and flight attendant for that airline, and they knew the pilot and attendants on that plane. It was a devastating time for them, as well as for the families and friends of all the other victims. Are you truly going to tell me the government did something with that plane and all the people on it? Where did they take it? What did they do with the people? I worked with someone who was killed at the Pentagon that day; in light of the other horrible events that occurred on that day, I have to believe that her death, like those of all the other innocent people, was the result of the terrorists' actions.

There have been conspiracy theories about many tragic events in our history - think of Kennedy's assassination, and there are people who claim the Holocaust never happened - giving credence to these stories only increases the pain and suffering of the survivors, in my opinion.

Very well put, Sari.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Very well put, indeed.

I will make one notice to everyone. Remember that topics like politics should be completely avoided here. Tread very carefully in this thread or it will be ended. It has been borderline in a few posts and I just want to be sure we all remember the rules.

Carry on.

ScHwErV :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I thank the original poster for having posted this thread; however, I think most poeple here will agree that members comments will only reflect on the powers that be in a good or bad light since this is not a light matter.

I believe this site is clear about politics not being a topic matter, I understand that the pentagon comes under the control of the American government. Therefore and because of this reason, I motion that we close this thread.

Simply I ask myself what comment could be made now that could avoid reflection on the powers that be here?

Edited by fleamailman, 12 May 2006 - 06:36 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
^^^ suck up

^^^^
^^^^ Spoil sport

^^^^
^^^^
^^^^ Great post Sari

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
True, guilty, etc., still not allowed to comment though.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Thanks to those of you who commented on my reply. I would like to say that I'm not trying to politicize this at all, and I think the fact that the Pentagon is a US Government facility is irrelevant to the discussion. Given that 4 planes were hijacked that day, and we know where the other 3 ended up, I really don't see how there is a good basis for this claim that a plane didn't actually crash into the Pentagon. It took off from Dulles Airport - that is a very short distance from the Pentagon - I doubt that air traffic control, which is based a short way away in Leesburg, VA, lost sight of that aircraft and it mysteriously disappeared elsewhere, unnoticed in the other events of the day. Until someone can give me absolute concrete evidence that that plane ended up somewhere else, I will continue to mourn the loss of the innocent people on that aircraft and in that building.

If I come across strongly in this matter, I apologize. I had stood in those very offices that were struck, and was immediately able to visualize the view out the window when I heard where the plane had hit the building. While I certainly can't begin to understand what the families of the victims have gone through, or what the people in NYC experienced, it did make the day very personal for me, especially with the death of a former co-worker. With that said, I will make no further comment on this issue.

sari

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Great post sari.

One thing I do not deny is a plane hitting the pentagon, but it could not of been the Beoing757. People said they saw a plane what they didn't say was how big it was. People said it sounded like a missle. Others said they didn't see any engines on the wings, what they saw was a commercial. If was a being 757 that was flying low at speeds of 500 MPH and going over a major highway wouldn't their be some kind of Sound barrier being broken? Why was the Government so covered up? They got to the gas Station within 5 minutes of the crash, and they took the security cameras. I know its part of the investiation, but then you don't release them? It is kind fishy that they would cover it up so bad. Also from what ive been seeing Teachers that Tought *the man who hit the pentagon* saying he could not fly a single engine airplane. Now what the controls from the air are saying that he was flying like a military fighter? How could he make such a swift turn and get off the radar, then fly so low and hit the pentagon with such manevoring skills? The Beoing757 disappeared off the radar 45 minutes away from the Pentagon, that plane could have went down anywhere.

Isn't this kind of Irony? Top pentagon officals cancled their flights sept 11 due to a schedual change? Bushes cousin was removed from the WTC septermber? *THeir are other ones that i will find tonight and post*

Also i know 2 planes hit both towers, but look at the other facts that were never released. Firefighters hearing bombs exploding in the basement? Their are tons of other things that people need to take in perspective.

We all have been affected by this in some way. My uncle was close the renovated section and was killed. We had the funneral here in illinois considering the whole family lives here.

Edited by Burton1, 15 May 2006 - 07:23 AM.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

If I come across strongly in this matter, I apologize. I had stood in those very offices that were struck, and was immediately able to visualize the view out the window when I heard where the plane had hit the building. While I certainly can't begin to understand what the families of the victims have gone through, or what the people in NYC experienced, it did make the day very personal for me, especially with the death of a former co-worker. With that said, I will make no further comment on this issue.

I couldnt agree more Sari, my dad is in the airforce, and he was supposed to be at the pentagon on 9/11 for a meeting, but for some reason in got cancled. It wasnt the best day for me, trying to get ahold of him, all while being at school. This is why I havent commented on any of the above, because I might blow up at certain posts :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

thank the original poster for having posted this thread; however, I think most poeple here will agree that members comments will only reflect on the powers that be in a good or bad light since this is not a light matter.

I believe this site is clear about politics not being a topic matter, I understand that the pentagon comes under the control of the American government. Therefore and because of this reason, I motion that we close this thread.

Simply I ask myself what comment could be made now that could avoid reflection on the powers that be here?

typical swiss neutrality and surrender monkeyism...(just kidding flea...and any other swiss....)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.judicialw.../flight77.shtml apparently the tin foil hat wearers have some pull on the hill as they say and the people of the five sided castle released this footage, I would watch the first one, because of the slow capture rate of the cameras its the only one you see the aircraft if you are careful you see the nose of the aircraft, it comes in very low and the primary impact would seem to have been absorbed by the ground the fordward momentum drove the fuel and wreckage onto the building that combined with the level of fortification would explain a lack of damage to the building.

The plane seems small but remember a 757 is one of the smaller aircraft boeing produce, still large but nothing 747 or close.

Advertisements

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I guess they just released the video from the gas station yesterday all over the news. I guess the owner of the Gas Station was on trial so they need the tape for other reasons. I haven't seen the clip my mom told me that it was the Beoing 757 that hit it. Ill have to watch it

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i bet that cop was scared out of his mind

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

...I will make one notice to everyone. Remember that topics like politics should be completely avoided here. Tread very carefully in this thread or it will be ended. It has been borderline in a few posts and I just want to be sure we all remember the rules.

Just got back from Georgia to continue VA treatments here in MS and notice quite a few people mentioning politics. I have searched the entire Terms of Use for the part where it says we can not discuss this topic. I thought that was why the Off Topic section was started.

Personally, as long as we act like ladies and gentlemen when discussing topics like these, I think we will be okay. The moderators are here to give us gentle warnings if a post is a little heated up by the poster. A well thought out post with a Preview read before clicking that Add Reply button would be better then having warnings from others. Just read and re-read before the moderators delete/edit your post.

This country is still free, but that freedom comes with responsibility. I will continue to post topics within the Terms of Use until some one kicks me out of this forum. Semper Fi!

Way off topic and not part of this theme I guess...sorry.

Ron

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
http://video.google....059923762628848

this is a long documentary that I watched. (yes the ENTIRE 1 hour 21 minutes of the thing ... maybe I was bored =x )

it has lots of "proof" that 9/11 was a "cover up"

do I believe it? I unno. but it really does make you think.

I covers lots of theories. A nice little video

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The thing that had me, the first thing I saw that made me think, "No way that a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon", was that small hole punched in what was it...the E ring or something? I mean, that is a very, VERY neat hole for a large commercial airliner to make.

The thing that I hate and what makes citizens worry about cover ups is when the FBI, 10 minutes after the hit, run and confiscate every video of the event, then never release it. They release the 5 framed explosion, but what about the 2 feet above the highway? No cars were hit or toppled from turbluence. That gas station had a direct view. People worry about cover ups when government organizations take and keep what seem to be definintive "this or that" tapes and don't tell anyone about them.

EDIT: I'm watching Steamheads linked video and I highly recommend everyone watch it. This is better, and more informative, and easier to follow than Farhenheit 9/11. A must watch.

Edited by BlackPandemic, 12 June 2006 - 12:50 PM.