Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Big One Zero

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I've been thinking about this, and anyone with a concrete knowledge is most helpful. Will low-end DX10 cards be like mid-range DX9 cards? Or will the power be the same, just with a new DX in it?

I would love to buy a mid-range DX10 and be over the top in terms of DX9 cards :whistling:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The DX10 technology itself is 6 to 8 times faster than DX9 because it has significantly reduced overheads and pipeline utilisation is alot better, but yes a mid range dx10 would probably be alot better than even a fairly high end DX9, DX10 is a big improvement and there is othe technology coming with it that will improve performance, we will also see the first GDDR4 cards as well.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Will a mid-range DX10 be (in American buckaroos) close to like $200, or more like $300? Any idea or prediction?

I am being patient and waiting for DX10 but when cards come out, I want to know if I want to still be upper tier (without being broke) what level card (DX10) I should get.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well its impossible to predict the exact pricing but it will be a full range release as normal so there will be a decent choice in the $200-$300 i would imagine.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
When does the DX10 GFX cards come out?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No exact date as of yet(there rarely is one) but its slated for summer so it could be june or as late as August, past experience though it will be late june early july as that as the normal release time before that american holiday on July 4th which apparently is classed in with christmas as a spending holiday.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Oh i see. thanks

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Really? I don't shop then...maybe 'cause it's the beginning-ish of summer?

I don't know but I will be dishing out at least $200 for a new DX10 card, so I'm hoping that they come decent in that range :whistling: