Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP not recognizing video card

• Please log in to reply

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hey guys,

I just got a new 128 MB ATI RAGE video card and I loaded up. I noticed that the non-working video games on the Internet worked. But one game...RCT3, had me go into dxdiag when it didn't work. It said I only has 8.0 MB under the display tab!!!!!! I have 128! I went to ati.com and got the latest driver to no avail. Can you guys think of anything?

Paul

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You have Microsoft Direct X 8 on your computer. The game you were trying to play needs Direct X 9 for it to work properly. You can download DX 9 from the microsoft website.

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

SRX660

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
The ATI Rage card isn't DirectX 9 compatible.