Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't stop chkdsc from running!

• Please log in to reply

coop81

coop81

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I installed an upgrade from DiskKeeper Pro to ultimate. Ever since chkdsk is running on two logical partitions, on seperate disks. I have uninstalled DiskKeeper. Still running at boot. Tried Disk management, all is healthy. When going to defrag, can't because dskchk.exe is scheduled on the two logical partitions. I'm thinking possibly a registry issue??? Ran registry cleaner with no luck.

Help Please!!

Thanks, Bill

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi coop81...

Click Start, then Run, type cmd, and click "Ok". In the command window that opens, type fsutil dirty query c: at the prompt and press "Enter".

Change the drive letter (c:, d:, etc...) for any subsequent drives you want to check.

Does the result of this indicate the drive is "Dirty"?

wannabe1

coop81

coop81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, thanks for replying.

Yes, D: & I: were dirty

I fortunately have taken care of the problem. I found a thread, "http://www.geekstogo...pic=109670&hl="

I believe you were responsible for. That took care of all...."THANKS MUCH"

I now have to fix two other fiends boxes with simular issues.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to help! :whistling: