Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound from speekers

• Please log in to reply

sunshine13

sunshine13

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Um..Ive have this computer with windows ME on it and I went to listen to music and there was no sound from the speakers. I went to start/programs/accesories/entetainment/volume control but nothing came up. I dont even see the speeker thing in the toolbar. I checked my soundcard and it seems thats there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know what else to do. Please help. I don't know too much about computers.

Advertisements

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I had this problem as well. If you have the CD that downloads the audio drive, use it to reinstall the drives with a check next to it under the Audio section. Click on it to open another window and then click extract on the bottom of the page and click on open when a window pops that asks you what do you want to do and let it run. It should work afterwards. :tazz:

sunshine13

sunshine13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I don't have the CD...is there another way?

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh, hmmm... :tazz: you could try to find it on the Microsoft webpage

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Make sure that it's the right audio drive that you download or else it'll be for nothing!

sunshine13

sunshine13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
um..okay..how do I do that?

sunshine13

sunshine13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
um...the computer doesn't have internet connection. Its just a computer that we use for playing computer games...

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Try the control panel with audio and speech...I don't know. This is now beyond me. Sorry! :tazz:

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Actually, maybe not. Try the audio and speech devices and see if everything is okay (no warning signs). But if something is wrong, you'll have to get the CD because that's the only way to fix it.

sunshine13

sunshine13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I dont see any warning signs...says its all good.

Advertisements

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
what about the status?

sunshine13

sunshine13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
the status??

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
yeah, if you go to speech and audio, the last bar at the bottom, it should say status

sunshine13

sunshine13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
when i click on sounds and multimeida a box comes up and the first tab is sounds. at the bottom it says sound volume and i cant adjust the arrow thats there pointing at low.

Black Mage

Black Mage

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yeah, you'll need the CD, that's about as much as I can help, if you want try to restore defaults (should change it to high). :tazz: