Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

media center codec

• Please log in to reply

samdabull

samdabull

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i've been trying to watch tv on my media center pc but every time i click on tv it says the video decoder has either malfuntioned or is not installed i haven't done anything out of the ordinary but downloaded tv guide listings..... anybody got any links or advice to fix this issue????

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you using media center? what software are you using for your tv listings? what tv tuner are you using?

samdabull

samdabull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes. hauppauge win tv pvr pci II (26xxx) as far as tv listings programs i just downloaded it off of media center
the new development is that i got it to work for about an hour ... but now i got a video error message
media center locks up & i have to reboot . see before this when it was working, it froze & told me i had to update drivers for my tuner so i went to the website and did what it asked me to do so now is when i have the video error message ... i tried to restore my system to a earlier date but it went sour... is there a way that i could remove those drivers???
p.s. it's not in the control panel

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes. go to your device manager and uninstall the haupage tv tuner. (right click on my computer, select manage and then device manager).

samdabull

samdabull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok ive done that it's kind of working... it freezes alot And i've got no sound on tv.....volume is up on mc cable box & speakers...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you reinstalled the drivers yet? I would update your video and sound drivers as well.