Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dimension 2350 - Dell AI0 Printer A940

• Please log in to reply

munition

munition

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi, my name is Jess, I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with my friend's printer - unfortunately, I do not know much about how to solve the problem, so I am seeking help from you!

Basically, the problem is that this printer will not print in black ink - we have to change the text color of word documents and emails, for example. Despite receiving messages of low color ink on the color cartrige, color seems to print fine. However, black ink does not come up.

I've looked at both cartriges and they appear to be in correctly, not loose or with any tabs over them. I've looked through various printing options and checked the preferences as well, though I may have missed something.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am only here for a few hours. However, I will still check from home.

Thank you in advance!

-- Also, just more quick info:
As stated in the title, the computer is a Dell Dimension 2350, Windows XP, I believe Home Edition
The printer is a Dell AIO Printer A940

Edited by munition, 11 May 2006 - 03:31 PM.

Advertisements