Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access to a wireless WEP enabled network

• Please log in to reply

cchon

cchon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a compaq X6000 notebook with a 802.11b/g wireless adapter. I have a wireless network set up with two computers accessing it. This is a new connection. I went into my Netgear wireless router page to allow this new laptop (via its MAC address) access to the secure network. Everything is in correctly, even the password, and this laptop sees the network but cannot connect. Aside from the wireless netwrok configuration, should the adaptor be configured as well?

Not sure if you are getting my problem.
ALso, the media in the dos prompt, cmd: ipconfig/all shows that this adaptor is disconnected. Saw a similar problem, reinstalled the winsock and winsock 2 configs, still media disconnected...would this have any effect on the connection to any network?

Advertisements

cchon

cchon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
still me, by the way, the laptop connects ok through direct lan cable connection