Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD43.SYS causing blue screen and shutdown

• Please log in to reply

evilhippo

evilhippo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

It doesn't happen often but sometimes when I insert a CD into my CD/DVD Rom the computer would shutdown with a warning bluescreen. The error code is 0x000000B8.

After the computer reboots, at start up there'd be an error submitting process and after that an IE window comes up from Microsoft and tells me it was "DVD For Free (DVD43.SYS)" that caused the problem.

See I don't even have "DVD For Free". However, I do have DVD CSS+Region Free installed on my computer.

How do I avoid the problem from happening again? As I said it doesn't happen often but just now I put the same CD into the CD Rom and it happened twice in a row. Would be quite gutted if I were doing something important at the same time.

Cheers folks
chinofeliz

I have *exactly* the same problem. I am running DVD CSS+Region Free and get that blue screen of death problem when I plonk a CD in the DVD drive. I am running Windows XP Pro, have a AMD 64 fx-62 dual core processor, 2x twin nVidia 7950 graphics cards and 2 gig of RAM. I really need a solution that does not involve getting rid of DVD CSS+Region Free.

Cheers!

Advertisements